Electronic commerce or e-commerce helps to produce sales and operate a product-driven online retail store. To create an effective e-commerce plan, you need to analyze the customer experience from start to the final sales transaction.
An e-commerce website is a great way to deliver and display information about your company and the products you sell. An online presence gives your customers direct access to company information, product information, promotions, specials, real-time data, and much more information day or night. An online presence not only benefits your customers but you, the merchant, can also update your online store without having to worry about boxes and in-store display ads.
When implementing an e-commerce solution make certain you:
- Have the ability to track sales and reports
- Can monitor user purchasing habits
- Have your e-commerce linked to your email campaigns
- Have a phone number just for your e-commerce store
- Have an easy, trusted, secure check-out method
Dr. Elijah Clark (May 1, 2022). What to know about e-commerce [Web log post]. Retrieved from https://elijahclark.com/what-to-know-about-e-commerce/