1. DMOZ Directory
– DMOZ is a great directory service that ranks very well within Google. Any link listed in DMOZ gets top priority with Google and can drastically help increase the page rank and position of the website. The issue with DMOZ is that it is hard to get listed in. There is a long approval process that doesn’t accept everyone and it will take months to get listed within this directory if it actually does get approved, which there is a high chance that it wont.
2. Yahoo Directory
– The yahoo directory is well known and can easily increase the page rank of its subscribed members. What does it take to be a member? Only $299 per year recurring is all. While this is a great website to get listed on, it is pretty expensive to many. While most may see it as a rip-off due to the pricing, if the calculations are done correctly, it’s really only $25 per month. This issue with getting listed here is that the directory doesn’t get much business besides from advertisers. Nonetheless, it does give a valuable backlink and drastically helps with ranking position on yahoo.com.
3. Online Design Directory – Sponsored Ad
This website shows at the top of the listing when “web design” is searched for within Google and other search engines. It’s a fairly new website, but it has created quick buzz and has ranked fast within the search engines. By signing up with a sponsored ad for $20 per month, a website text link can be listed on each of its 60,000 plus pages. This is great for being searched and greatly increases backlinks.
4. Web Designers Directory
This is another great website directory that shows up on the top of the searched keyword “web design.” Ways to use this website would be for backlinks and for its credibility. Listings can be done by either getting listed in the directory or paying for a sponsored text or banner link.
5. Xemion.com – Sponsored Ad
Here is another example of a top ranked website that accepts sponsored ads. This website has a low rank for the Texas web design category. However, the site is well known and ranks high within search engines.
6. iFreelance Directory
This website is for freelancers, however, those looking for a web designer normally are just looking for a good price. Many companies market on this site and for good reason. This site places a link, portfolio, and contact information for each company or individual that wishes to be listed in a particular category. The ultimate goal of this site is for buyers to get estimates from bidders on their upcoming project. Normally the lowest bid and value wins.
This is a free service that is pretty cheap, but it gets the job done. By placing a local advertisement up within the computer category, users can use the search word “web design” and locate the company’s ad and link to its website. This website gets high ranks and provides easy backlinks and use of keywords for search engines.
Twitter is a pretty broad website to use to place an ad on. However, it has great credit and a great page rank. What makes this website better than other social networking sites for marketing is that it does not cloak external links. This allows for search engines to find the link easy and link it back to the company website.
9. Merchant Circle
This is a simple company that lists local companies for its users. By the user typing their keyword into the search bar and then entering their city, they may easily find what they are looking for. This website gives a credible backlink, but it doesn’t help with page rank as this website only has a high page rank on its home page. Though it doesn’t help with page rank, it is a good website to use for being found.
- Blogging Strategy - May 30, 2023
- Keys to Effective Team Leadership - May 29, 2023
- Brand Strategy - May 27, 2023
Dr. Elijah Clark (April 24, 2022). Networks to Market Your Brand [Web log post]. Retrieved from https://elijahclark.com/networks-market-brand/