Build a Great Website for Your Company
You should devote time and effort to building a great website for your business. Prospective investors, customers, and partners are going to check out your site, and you want to impress them with a professional product. Some tips for building a great company website include:
– Check out competitor sites.
– Start by sketching out a template for your site.
– Be sure the site is search engine optimized (and thus more likely to show up early on Google search results).
– Produce high-quality original content.
– Make sure your site is optimized for mobile devices.
– Make sure the site loads quickly.
– Keep it clean and simple; visual clutter will drive visitors away.
– Make the navigation bars prominent.
– Obtain and use a memorable “.com” domain name.
– Make the site visually interesting.
– Make sure it’s easy for site visitors to contact you or buy your product.
Drive Traffic to Your Website
While entire books have been written on this topic, the key ways to drive traffic to your website are as follows:
– Pay Google, Bing, Yahoo, or other search engines to send you traffic (such as through the Google Adwords program).
– Build a great site with lots of high-quality, original content that is search engine optimized.
– Have a smart social media plan to drive traffic from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other free social media sites.
– Get links to your site from high-quality sites.
Dr. Elijah Clark (July 12, 2021). Building your website [Web log post]. Retrieved from https://elijahclark.com/lesson-127/