Focus on Offering Exceptional Customer Service
Companies such as Zappos and Virgin America became hugely successful because they focused on providing excellent customer service and support. You want your early customers to give referrals and sing your praises to their friends and colleagues. Thank your customers personally by email. Go the extra mile to show your appreciation.
Market Your Business Like Crazy
To succeed in business, you need to continually be attracting, building, and even educating your target market. Make sure your marketing strategy includes the following:
– Learn the fundamentals of SEO (search engine optimization) so that people searching for your products and services online might find you near the top of search results.
– Use social media to promote your business (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.).
– Engage in content marketing by writing guest articles for relevant websites.
– Issue press releases for any significant events.
– Network continually.
Perfect Your Elevator Pitch
An “elevator” pitch is intended to be a concise, compelling introduction to your business. You should be able to slightly modify your elevator pitch depending on whether you are pitching to prospective investors, customers, employees, or partners. A few tips for developing and delivering a great elevator pitch include:
– Start out strong.
– Be positive and enthusiastic in your delivery.
– Remember that practice makes perfect.
– Keep it to 60 seconds in length.
– Avoid using industry jargon.
– Convey why your business is unique.
– Pitch the problem you are solving.
– And, Invite participation or interruption by the listener—this shows they are interested and engaged.
Dr. Elijah Clark (June 28, 2021). Marketing your business [Web log post]. Retrieved from https://elijahclark.com/lesson-125/