Make Sure Someone Hasn’t Already Invented Your Great New Idea
Here are the key things to do if you have a great new invention idea:
– Do a Google search on the keywords associated with your invention.
– Do a search online of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office at uspto.gov.
– If nothing comes up and you want to get a patent for your idea, hire a patent lawyer.
But keep refining the concept of the invention, as version 1 of your idea probably can be improved and enhanced through version 2 and version 3.
Focus on Building a Great Product—But Don’t Take Forever to Launch
When starting out, your product or service has to be at least good if not great. It must be differentiated in some meaningful and important way from the offerings of your competition. Everything else follows from this key principle. Don’t drag your feet on getting your product out to market, since early customer feedback is one of the best ways to help improve your product. Of course, you want a “minimum viable product” (MVP) to begin with, but even that product should be good and differentiated from the competition. Having a “beta” test product works for many startups as they work the bugs out from user reactions.
- E-Commerce - May 24, 2023
- Customer Marketing - May 23, 2023
- Outlining your personnel expenses - May 21, 2023
Dr. Elijah Clark (November 8, 2022). The right product to offer [Web log post]. Retrieved from https://elijahclark.com/lesson-124/